Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Cat

My cat started pissing blood yesterday, so I spent about three or four hours in the emergency vet's office last night. Looked like all the classic signs of a UTI. Just needed some anti-biotics, and I'd be on my way.

Nope.

Unfortunately, when getting a urine sample, the vet realized that she passed two little stones.

Now I am exhausted and staring at the vet telling me that they may have to operate. Emergency vets are EXPENSIVE.

Fortunately, they let me take her home. They gave her some meds, and told me to get her to the regular vet first thing in the morning.

Wife took her to the vet today, and this vet thinks that they can do something about this with diet. So, YAY, no surgery. But, BOO, the cat is still a little sick.

They decided that it was crystals in her urine, and it looks like diet may solve this problem.

Happy thoughts for her, please?!?!




-A.W.C.


Stumble Upon Toolbar
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. All comments are moderated. As long as people are civil, (in my opinion) all comments will post. Only in extreme cases would a post be declined.