Tuesday, September 15, 2009

STOP WITH THE CLICHES ALREADY

Look, I know that some people find comfort in religion. It only irritates me, however.

This idea that everything is destined to happen, or that everything happens for a reason (that you can't know until later) is tiring.

We make our own futures. They aren't written for us. IF there was a god that has predetermined our lives, and we can't affect it, then we might as well lay in bed all day, because whatever happens is destined to happen.

I've got 5 words for you: Suicide, homicide, genocide, famine, and disease. Any god that has already decided that people should suffer these without the possibility of escape is not a god I want to claim.

I have free will, regardless of the existence of a god. I choose the direction of my life, I get the credit for the good decisions, and I get the blame for the bad ones. That's life.

--A.W.C.


Stumble Upon Toolbar
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. All comments are moderated. As long as people are civil, (in my opinion) all comments will post. Only in extreme cases would a post be declined.